When their packages arrived, I was tearing open the boxes. It was like Christmas morning! These ladies have magazine-worthy styles (seriously), so I was thrilled to see what they picked for me. I received a fun mix of classic pieces that easily fit into my wardrobe and bold prints that push me out of my comfort zone. I even fell in love with one top so much that I actually wore it in family photos! (Psst — want to see what I sent Justine? Check out her first impressions here! I can’t wait to see Madison’s soon!)
First impressions from Justine’s picks:
- Cropped black sweater with bright animal print: First thoughts? Wow, this top isn’t something I’d pick for myself. But, I’m intrigued. I usually stick with neutrals, so maybe the fun pop of blue in the animal print will be just what I need to jazz up my work-at-home-mama wardrobe. And, I’m digging the boat neck and three-quarter sleeves!
- Blue printed dress: Pretty! And it has pockets! I know Justine loves pockets, too — even her wedding dress had them! (How stunning of a bride was she?!) There’s so much detail to this feminine dress, including buttons up the back. It’s from Dorothy Perkins, which I totally had to Google because apparently I’m just a simple girl from the Midwest.
- Leopard print pencil skirt: This is so fun, and kind of perfect for holiday parties. The skirt has just a touch of sheen to it, upping the glamour factor. Go ahead, Calvin Klein, do your thang. Pencil skirts are pretty figure-flattering, so I’m excited to style it! (Though it’s not something I’ll be wearing at home as I do diaper duty!)
First impressions from Madison’s picks:
- Light grey open cardigan: Um, yes! This is so me! It’s soft, it’s classic, it’s an instant wardrobe staple. Also, it’s grey. Color me boring, but I love grey. So many styling possibilities! Totally swooning over here. Five stars on this, Madison!
- Coral silk blouse: As someone who has an affinity for grey, a bright coral top makes me feel…scared. I usually don’t wear button-up blouses, so I’m a bit unsure how to tackle it. Madison could totally pull this off, but can I? (Oh, and it should be noted that it’s 100 percent silk from J.Crew. I’m not mad at it.)
- Heather grey top: This is so soft and cozy! It almost has a sweatshirt like material on the inside, but I think it could be dressed up a bit, to. I love the rouching on the arms — and how it fits! (And, sneak peek alert: I’m wearing this shirt in the photo at the beginning of this post. Thanks for the photo, Valerie!) The versatile grey opens itself up to many accessories (think statement necklaces and scarves…two of my faves!). Speaking of scarves, have you entered to win a charming Noonday scarf? Go do it, now!
This is part two of a three-part style series with Justine at Stop Me If You’ve Heard This One and Madison at Espresso and Cream. You can see my first post, including what my husband thinks about my style, here. Next week, I’ll be posting awkward photos of how I styled the gorgeous items these lovely ladies sent me! And I can’t wait to see what they’ve done with what I sent them!